Resolving Business And Corporate Disputes
Businesses have many legal needs. From simple transactional work and questions on employment law to massive litigation and business disputes, having an effective, trusted business lawyer becomes a necessity. That’s why clients turn to us.
At Tropea McMillan, LLP, we represent businesses from San Diego and across California in all the issues facing them. Our clients benefit from our insight into the law, diligence and thorough, reliable service. We take on the challenges that you and your company face with confidence and skill.
Experienced Litigators On Your Side
Business disputes are highly common. They can be internal to a company or external between businesses. In any matter, we have the experience to provide aggressive commercial litigation services on such issues as:
- Enforcement of shareholder or operating agreements
- Disputes between partnership or shareholder factions
- Disputes in real estate deals
- Termination or severance problems with executive or professional employees
- Troubled relationships with key customers or vendors
- Broken arrangements for new debt financing, capital contributions or expanding your ownership group
- Defending businesses against qui tam whistleblower litigation
- Corporate or partnership disputes over the conduct or substance of meetings, resolutions or elections
- Prosecution and defense of trade secret misappropriation claims
- Defense against defective products claims
Litigation is always a complex, stressful notion, but we take on these matters with a complete dedication to finding a result that works for you.
We are aggressive in and out of the courtroom in all litigation matters. We take the time to fully understand what you need as a result and pursue that with all our skills. However, aggressive litigation is not the only way to resolve a dispute.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Services
In California, companies and courts increasingly rely on alternative dispute resolution (ADR). This is a great reason, as ADR options are frequently fast and cheaper. They also provide important confidentiality to all those involved. While there are multiple options for ADR, the main two are:
- Arbitration: This process refers and issues to a completely impartial third party who reviews the matter and issues a binding resolution after hearing both sides of the arguments. Often an arbitration is supported by a contractual agreement and is a natural alternative to litigation.
- Mediation: This process has both sides meet with a neutral mediator who will work with both sides to agree. Mediation is an effort for the sides to find mutual ground to avoid litigation.
Our trial experience can assure you that your case will be presented clearly and forcefully if no effective alternative to civil litigation can be found.
Your Goals Are Our Goals
When we take on clients, we want to foster a long-term relationship with them. We know that businesses need a lot of legal support, which we aim to offer. We have the experience and skill to help you navigate any legal difficulty, no matter how complex.
The team at Tropea McMillan, LLP, is highly motivated to get you the results you need for your business. For additional information about our ability to represent your interests effectively in business disputes in and out of court, call 866-780-4903 or send us a direct message online to get started.